Unable to run or re-install or uninstall

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Unable to run or re-install or uninstall
After a hard drive crash and restoration, unable to use ADX 
Androulla Pavlou

Good afternoon:

I had a hard-drive crash recently. Most of my files were recovered and I am back up and running again. However, when I went into Visual Studio, I got an error message regarding Add-in-Express. Unfortunately I cannot give you the content of the error or a screen capture, as it did not show a second time. However, add-in express cannot now be found in Visual Studio.

"Add-in Express for Microsoft Office and .NET, Standard:
There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

I tried to uninstall or re-install add-in Express and I got this error:

"Add-in Express
The Add-in Express installation error!
Possible Reasons:
?Â?Ð?? An error while activating this product.
?Â?Ð?? Using a wrong product key (e.g. a key for another product or version).
?Â?Ð?? Please try to activate the product again or contact the support service at support@add-in-express.com
"

Tim Jeffryes
TJs Tools LLC
Posted 15 Feb, 2021 14:50:43 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Tim,

Check if Add-in Express is installed for another user account on the machine. If this isn?Â?Ð?ét the case, try to repair it first and uninstall it then.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 16 Feb, 2021 04:44:06 Top
Androulla Pavlou

Hi, Andrei:

Thank you for your post. However, I am the only user on this machine and there has never been any other user. I tried uninstalling, repairing, and re-installing and I get the quoted errors either way.

Tim Jeffryes
TJs Tools LLC
Posted 16 Feb, 2021 07:24:09 Top
Androulla Pavlou

Andrei:

I used a microsoft tool to try and diagnose and I think I know what is wrong. I installed Visual studio on a drive that is currently missing. I think you can close this ticket until I learn more.

Tim
Posted 16 Feb, 2021 07:58:07 Top