Error Code: 0x80004005 - TabReadMessage

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Error Code: 0x80004005 - TabReadMessage
 
Subscribe
Chris Ducharme




Posts: 31
Joined: 2013-05-09
We have an add-in that our clients have been using for quite a while. We have installed on a new machine and are getting the following error. Is there a known way to fix this.

Error Found in Custom UI

Line: 2
Column: 35
Error Code 0x80004005
Failed to find Office control by ID
ID: TabReadMessage

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Posted 23 Sep, 2020 17:15:40 Top
Andrei Smolin


Add-in Express team


Posts: 17361
Joined: 2006-05-11
Hello Chris,

That tab only exists in the OutlookMailRead Ribbon. I suppose this error occurs in another Ribbon; check e.RibbonId in the ADXAddinModule.OnRibbonBeforeLoad event.

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 24 Sep, 2020 01:38:53 Top
Chris Ducharme




Posts: 31
Joined: 2013-05-09
On the dev machine (that works), on startup of outlook, I get the messagebox "RID = Microsoft.Outlook.Explorer" when I added the below code. I am not seeing it try to use the OutlookMailRead ribbon. Could it be because they are using version 2002? And how would i fix that?

Private Sub AddinModule_OnRibbonBeforeLoad(sender As Object, e As ADXRibbonBeforeLoadEventArgs) Handles Me.OnRibbonBeforeLoad
MsgBox("RID = " & e.RibbonId)
End Sub


What are they doing when they get the message? Launching Outlook

What version of Outlook are they using? 64-Bit? version 2002 (build 12527.21105)

What version of windows? Windows 10

Are there other machines at the client that are working? Yes, they were able to install the Add-In on another machine and it worked fine. It maybe be environmental then with the user’s machine.

Are there any other add-ins installed on this machine? Yes, I noticed a few loading when they launched Outlook
Posted 24 Sep, 2020 10:05:27 Top
Andrei Smolin


Add-in Express team


Posts: 17361
Joined: 2006-05-11
Hello Chris,

Chris Ducharme writes:
I am not seeing it try to use the OutlookMailRead ribbon


It doesn't. But the XML markup generated by the Ribbon components you've put onto the add-in module does. See the markup as e.Xml in OnRibbonBeforeLoad. A way out of this would to modify the Ribbon components in OnRibbonBeforeCreate or the Ribbon XML in OnRibbonBeforeLoad so that they do not refer to the tab unless the Ribbon Id is correct.

Note that we don't recommend using message boxes to debug your code; message boxes produce extra events which may influence your code thus hiding issues.

I recommend that you download the new version of the manual at https://www.add-in-express.com/bitrix/rd.php?event1=download&event2=docs&event3=net&goto=/files/docs/adxnet93-update.pdf.

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 24 Sep, 2020 11:25:36 Top
Chris Ducharme




Posts: 31
Joined: 2013-05-09
Does that mean that i should only select "OutlookMailRead" in the ribbon field for both the adxRibbonTab and adxRibbonGroup in the AddinModule.vb(design)? Or can you point me to a sample of either of the two ways to fix this (in OnRibbonBeforeCreate or OnRibbonBeforeLoad).

And yes, I was being sloppy with the msgbox. I have since removed.

Thanks in advance.
Posted 24 Sep, 2020 16:13:29 Top
Andrei Smolin


Add-in Express team


Posts: 17361
Joined: 2006-05-11
Hello Chris,

Please send me the InitializeComponent() method which is called from the constructor of the add-in module. You can find the support email address in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt; please make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 25 Sep, 2020 03:29:41 Top
Andrei Smolin


Add-in Express team


Posts: 17361
Joined: 2006-05-11
Hello Chris,

Me.AdxRibbonTab1.Caption = "AdxRibbonTab1"
        Me.AdxRibbonTab1.Controls.Add(Me.AdxRibbonGroup1)
        Me.AdxRibbonTab1.Id = "adxRibbonTab_40056dcccae640cfb387368dcaa2ff61"
        Me.AdxRibbonTab1.IdMso = "TabReadMessage"
        Me.AdxRibbonTab1.Ribbons = CType(((AddinExpress.MSO.ADXRibbons.msrOutlookMailRead Or AddinExpress.MSO.ADXRibbons.msrOutlookMailCompose) _
            Or AddinExpress.MSO.ADXRibbons.msrOutlookExplorer), AddinExpress.MSO.ADXRibbons)


The Ribbons property of that component causes the issue. I assume that you need to customize the TabReadMessage. To do this, Ribbons property above should only have AddinExpress.MSO.ADXRibbons.msrOutlookMailRead. You can do this in the designer of the component.

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 25 Sep, 2020 09:29:37 Top
Chris Ducharme




Posts: 31
Joined: 2013-05-09
Thanks, I will give this a try. I will let you know if there are any further problems.
Posted 25 Sep, 2020 09:33:49 Top
Chris Ducharme




Posts: 31
Joined: 2013-05-09
I assume that also means that is should also be updated for the adxRibbonGroup below the adxRibbonTab.
Posted 25 Sep, 2020 09:36:46 Top
Andrei Smolin


Add-in Express team


Posts: 17361
Joined: 2006-05-11
If you change this property using the in-place designer of the ADXRibbonTab component, it will ask a confirmation to perform the change on the group and its controls.

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 25 Sep, 2020 09:48:07 Top