How to detect default font for outlook.

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

TheNewCOMAddin Dev

Hi,

- I have a Outlook ADX Addin where I am using 'Segoe UI' (what seemed default in my outlook) for the font on the forms ADXForm (in ADXFormCollection) I display (replacing Reading Pane and Inspector view).
- In the same form we also have added a Webrowser component in which we display the email contents.
- The email content is modified to put some custom content tooltip etc.
- The requirement is that any custom text we add (in these tooltips etc) should be with the same font as what user chose as the default font for outlook.
- Is there a way to check this default font and change the font of all controls in my ADXForm and also have the tooltips display with the same custom form.

Please Advise.

Thanks,
-Jatin
Posted 03 Feb, 2020 02:15:27 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Jatin,

You can set the font to be used on the form. I assume you can find out this info when Office loads your add-in so that you can apply the required font to every control when the form is being created. Note however System.Windows.Forms.Tooltip doesn't let you set the font to be used. I don't know if WPF allows doing this. As to customizing the service controls that the Add-in Express shows, see https://www.add-in-express.com/creating-addins-blog/2016/05/31/customize-appearance-excel-task-panes-outlook-regions/.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 03 Feb, 2020 04:09:05 Top