Get the Name of the Form being Closed

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Get the Name of the Form being Closed

wmgroup

I've posted before about this but never got it figured out. How do I get the name of the form from a form that is being closed? I have a two forms in project one contains some form fields I need to check if the email is closed that has that form on it. How do I get the form name in the ProcessClose? Example?
Posted 05 Aug, 2019 15:23:14 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi William,

As far as I understand, you have added an advanced Outlook form region (via the ADXOlFormsManager component) to the Outlook Inspector window, correct? If so, I think you can try to use the ADXOutlookAppEvents.InspectorClose event, please see the code sample below:

private void adxOutlookAppEvents1_InspectorClose(object sender, object inspector, string folderName)
{
    Outlook._Inspector insp = inspector as Outlook._Inspector;
    if (insp != null)
    {
        object objItem = insp.CurrentItem;
        if (objItem != null)
            try
            {
                Outlook._MailItem mail = objItem as Outlook._MailItem;
                if (mail != null)
                {
                    // find our advanced form (Inspector window)
                    ADXOlForm1 myInspectorForm = adxOlFormsCollectionItem1.GetForm(insp) as ADXOlForm1;
                    if (myInspectorForm != null)
                    {
                        // get value from text box
                        System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("+++ InspectorClose! " + myInspectorForm.textBox1.Text);
                    }
                }
            }
            finally { Marshal.ReleaseComObject(objItem); }
    }
}
Posted 06 Aug, 2019 05:37:23 Top
wmgroup

Thanks, that seems like it would work but if I don't know which form it could be that is closing how can I cast the right one here? I have two different forms that can be shown depending on if new email or opening an email.

ADXOlForm1 myInspectorForm = adxOlFormsCollectionItem1.GetForm(insp) as ADXOlForm1;

If I know the exact form that I'm closing I can get it to work but there are two forms.

This works when I am closing the form selectemailform
SelectEmailForm adxForm = adxOlFormsCollectionItem2.GetForm(insp) as SelectEmailForm;

and if I'm closing Sendmail form then I can use this
SendMail adxForm = adxOlFormsCollectionItem3.GetForm(insp) as SendMail;

do I just need to do both and which ever is null ignore?
Posted 06 Aug, 2019 08:28:36 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi William,

do I just need to do both and which ever is null ignore?

I think a better approach is to check the Sent property of the _MailItem interface and call GetForm() accordingly.
Posted 06 Aug, 2019 09:18:55 Top