Is it possible to programatically show one of the built in Word screens?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Is it possible to programatically show one of the built in Word screens?

letdowncrush

Hi,

We have built an add-in that adds content controls to the document (with some additional meta data) using custom screens.

The existing properties screen for a content control in Word (accessible from the Developer ribbon bar) has a number of useful properties, e.g.:

- Remove when edited
- Content Control cannot be deleted
- etc.

In an ideal world, I'd like to have a button on my custom form that opens up the Content Control Properties screen when clicked.

Any ideas if this is possible?

Thanks.
Posted 11 Jul, 2019 03:00:53 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello,

letdowncrush writes:
In an ideal world, I'd like to have a button on my custom form that opens up the Content Control Properties screen when clicked.

Here's what I see at https://support.office.com/en-us/article/about-content-controls-283b1e29-0b77-4781-b236-2d02c1cce1c2:

To set properties on a control or change an existing control, on the Developer tab, in the Controls group, click Properties.

Does clicking that control opens what you describe as the Content Control Properties screen? If yes, use WordApp.CommandBars.ExceuteMso("ControlProperties") to "click" that button programmatically. You may also want to check if that button is enabled: bool isControlPropertiesButtonEnabled = WordApp.CommandBars.GetEnabledMso("ControlProperties");

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 11 Jul, 2019 04:31:18 Top