I get this error message very often:

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

I get this error message very often:
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation 
Subscribe
Leon Lai Kan

Hi, Andrei

I have watched 100% of the intervention you made on my computer.
I really appreciate the great support you are providing, and I am sorry you could not find the reason why my add-in fails.
My problem appears to be unique.

Even my IT friend is going crazy.

So, what shall I do?

As I mentioned, my add-in always crashes as I was changing icons (glyphs on the button).
Do you think changing icons could crash my add-in?

Should I develop my add-in without icons, and only add them when the project is complete?

Best Regards,
Leon
Posted 27 Jun, 2019 08:08:55 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Leon Lai Kan writes:
As I mentioned, my add-in always crashes as I was changing icons (glyphs on the button).

Please capture a video using e.g. PowerPoint; see Insert | Screen Recording. If you don't have this option use any free video recorder available online.

Leon Lai Kan writes:
My problem appears to be unique.

You wrote that the installer you created worked for you on this and other machines. This fact can be used in your investigation.

Also, set RegisterForAllUsers=true, create a new setup project, build it, install it to make sure it doesn't work for you, zip the installer and send it to me; I'll test it on my side.

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 27 Jun, 2019 08:21:27 Top
Leon Lai Kan

Andrei,

You wrote that the installer you created worked for you on this and other machines

Yes, yesterday afternoon, I created a setup file and put it on a Server accessible to all users.

I used the setup to install the add-in on 4 computers (including mine).
The add-in worked perfectly ON ALL 4 COMPUTERS.

This morning when I came to Office, I uninstalled the add-in on all 4 computers, then reinstalled again using the setup file on the server.

It worked on 2 computers.
It did not install on 2 computers (mine + another computer)!

I am really going crazy.
If you did not work on my computer, you would surely think that I am inventing stories.

My problem is very strange, and it appears nobody can help me.

To-morrow I'll take my courage with both hands again, and start my project again (for the nth time!).
I'll try not to use icons (until the project is finished).

I don't know if changing icons is the correct explanation, but it's a gut feeling. My program ALWAYS crashed at the moment I was changing icons.

Thanks again for all your support.

Best Regards,
Leon
Posted 27 Jun, 2019 08:38:35 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Leon Lai Kan writes:
My program ALWAYS crashed at the moment I was changing icons.

Capture a video telling us what you do, how it crashes, and describe the outcome (if any). Check system logs for more details about the crash. And please capture a video.

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 27 Jun, 2019 08:53:25 Top
Leon Lai Kan

Andrei,

I am not sure I can capture a video.

For the simple reason that the crash does not happen EVERY TIME I change icons.

It may not crash for 30 times, but crashes on the 31st time. I have no idea when it crashes.

I will try what you ask tomorrow. I'll try a simple add-in with only 1 button and 1 icon and change the icon repeatedly until the add-in crashes.

Maybe then I can do a screen capture. But a video is probably unrealistic.

Good night,
Leon
Posted 27 Jun, 2019 09:04:08 Top