Subscribe
Dan Rasmussen

Aah, found the damn thing... :)

Right click on SampleInstaller project > View > Custom Actions
Posted 14 Mar, 2019 04:43:37 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Dan,

Please check that section in the manual: it describes these *and other* settings. Make sure you use all of them correctly.

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 14 Mar, 2019 04:47:51 Top
Dan Rasmussen

I had to add the adxregistrator.exe manually to the setup project from C:\Program Files (x86)\Add-in Express\Add-in Express for .NET\Redistributables, that is not described in the PDF. It's probably because I created the setup project myself and couldn't use the Create Setup Project in the menu.

I'll make sure everything is as described in manual and test.
Posted 14 Mar, 2019 05:02:18 Top
Dan Rasmussen

I'm at a loss here... I've sent you a link for my Setup project that I created myself and followed the steps in the documentation. But it still installs the update but keeps the old version running.
Version 0.9.24 has all the custom actions and post build required. New version 0.9.25 is available and installs, but doesn't run.

What we maybe should focus on now is to make it possible for me to create that Setup project from your menu
User added an image

But I get this error
User added an image

And after that the wizard is disabled, no matter what I do.
User added an image

I know you guys are doing the best you can and I've made mistakes. But it shouldn't be this hard to deploy and update. That's why I used ClickOnce previously - even with an older version of Add-in Express.

Thanks for the help so far, you have the best support.
Posted 14 Mar, 2019 06:25:23 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Dan,

On my side, I cannot install the add-in using the installer that you sent us. I've found out that you deploy InuTime.tlb; you should exclude that file.

COM add-ins, their registration and deployment cover several *complex* areas in Windows. Whatever solution you use, it is a result of multiple compromises. What we do is providing you with a tried way. You might choose to let Add-in Express create a setup project from scratch. If you create a setup project yourself, you should follow the instructions given in the Creating a Visual Studio Installer Setup Project Manually section; see the PDF file in the folder {Add-in Express}\Docs on your development PC. In that section, we mention .TLB and .OLB files.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 15 Mar, 2019 06:04:44 Top
Dan Rasmussen

I tried to choose to let Add-in Express create my setup project, but it fails. Which is my real problem, as described earlier. Which is why I needed to create is myself and apparentliy having a hard time following the manual to the point. Will give it another try now.
Posted 18 Mar, 2019 02:23:04 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Dan,

Dan Rasmussen writes:
I tried to choose to let Add-in Express create my setup project, but it fails.

In what way does it fail?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 18 Mar, 2019 03:58:32 Top
Dan Rasmussen

I tried to choose to let Add-in Express create my setup project, but it fails. Which is my real problem, as described earlier. Which is why I needed to create is myself and apparentliy having a hard time following the manual to the point. Will give it another try now.

read the post 14 march
Posted 18 Mar, 2019 04:13:05 Top
Dan Rasmussen

Well now I followed the "Creating a Visual Studio Installer Setup Project Manually" section and still have same problem. I'll try deleting the setup project and start over with that.
Posted 18 Mar, 2019 04:55:18 Top
Dan Rasmussen

I've sent a link to newest full deployment with brand new setup project. Still installs, but runs the old version after that.
My next step is to restart the whole project from scratch test. Then import parts of the project from my current. Something is wrong somewhere and I don't know where.
Posted 18 Mar, 2019 06:40:20 Top