Convert from EXCEL.DNA to Add-In-Express

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Convert from EXCEL.DNA to Add-In-Express

Erich Wessely

Hello,
I'm completely new to Add-In-Exress.
I've developed an Excel Add-In with Excel.DNA which contains UDFs which can be used on the worksheet and also in VBA code in modules of the Workbook.
Because of the cool features of installation and auto-update of Add-In-Express, I want to convert my AddIn.

I don't know much about the internal storage of excel files: Would it be possible to create a new AddIn with Add-In-Express containing the same UDFs (same name, same parameters, same return values) and the existing Excel worksheet will keep working when changing the AddIn. Or may I run into troubles doing so? Will the VBA code which uses UDFs also work and use the functions from the new AddIn?
Do I have to expect any other troubles?

many thanks for help and suggestions

Erich
ew
Posted 31 Jan, 2019 11:00:37 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Erich,

Erich Wessely writes:
Would it be possible to create a new AddIn with Add-In-Express containing the same UDFs (same name, same parameters, same return values) and the existing Excel worksheet will keep working when changing the AddIn. Or may I run into troubles doing so?

We don't know; we don't have that experience.

Erich Wessely writes:
Will the VBA code which uses UDFs also work and use the functions from the new AddIn?

If your assembly contains a UDF only, then the VBA code will be able to work (provided that the sigature of the functions don't change).

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 01 Feb, 2019 04:25:46 Top