Capture the forward event when click the "forward" button on Reading pane

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Capture the forward event when click the "forward" button on Reading pane

keni zhou

Dear Smolin,

Thanks for your always kindly help.

Is there any solution to intercept the "Click Event" of the Reading Pane "Forward" button.

For example: I add following "command" in Ribbon xml

<command idMso="Forward" onAction="PreventCopy"/>

But this command only could intercept the event triggered by "Forward" button on Ribbon menu.

or any solution could disable the Reading Pane buttons.

Btw, is there a plan to make
"Add-in Express?Â?Ô?? Regions for Microsoft??? Outlook??? and VSTO"
support Outlook 2019?

Thanks,
Keni Zhou.
Posted 30 Nov, 2018 03:55:38 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Keni,

My name is Andrei, please :))

I don't know a way to intercept clicking that button. I suppose it should be possible using Windows UI Automation.

Also, you can connect to events of the selected item, cancel the Forward event, perform your actions and invoke (or not invoke) Explorer.CommandBars.ExecuteMso("Forward").

keni zhou writes:
Btw, is there a plan to make "Add-in Express?Â?Ô?? Regions for Microsoft??? Outlook??? and VSTO" support Outlook 2019?

Please download version 4.1 at https://www.add-in-express.com/downloads/outlook-regions.php.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 30 Nov, 2018 06:00:54 Top
keni zhou

Hello Andrei,

sorry for the mistake.

I hide these 3 buttons through win32 API. but if I switch from an empty folder they will appear again. do you know any event can be captured after reading pane is rendered?

I downloaded the version 4.1 from your given URL, after install it Visual studio becomes very slow with highly CPU consumed, even I restart my PC several times. finally i uninstall the version 4.1, then visual studio works fine.

Thanks!
Posted 04 Dec, 2018 00:56:35 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

These 3 buttons are located on a separate window which is put on the Reading Pane; this window is painted on its own. You can subclass its winproc to find out when it paints.

We haven't heard about such an issue. What VS version are you using? Do you update it regularly? Does it work any better if you delete other extensions in Visual Studio?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 04 Dec, 2018 06:23:25 Top
keni zhou

I find a perfect way to hide them: hide these 3 buttons in Editor "WindowSelectionChange" event.

The VS version 2017 15.8.6. after I reinstall the version 4.1, it works fine now.

Thanks!
Posted 04 Dec, 2018 22:24:07 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Fine!

Andrei Smolin
Posted 05 Dec, 2018 01:49:38 Top