Add-in Express team

Now?

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 26 Sep, 2018 10:19:20 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Actually, we can do this now. Is this suitable?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 26 Sep, 2018 10:22:22 Top
Michael Kaden

Yes I am waiting

User xxx xxx xxx
Password ----
Posted 26 Sep, 2018 10:31:57 Top
Michael Kaden

It looks like I cannot reach the support email anymore

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
failed:

forum@add-in-express.com:
SMTP error from remote server for RCPT TO command, host: addinexpress-com0ie.mail.protection.outlook.com (213.199.154.138) reason: 550 5.4.1 [forum@add-in-express.com]: Recipient address rejected: Access d
enied [VE1EUR03FT004.eop-EUR03.prod.protection
Posted 26 Sep, 2018 10:36:43 Top
Michael Kaden

Dear Andrei,

thank you very much for your time yesterday on team viewer. I now did the following:

Uninstalled AddIn Express 9.1

Repaired Visual Studio which replaced my Version 15.8.0 by 15.8.5

Rei-stalled AddIn Express 9.1

now VS Help About showed AddIn Express 9.1 but many other previously installed components are not there

When I tried t load my projects only the project headers are shown wit the note "Can not load because it is not compatible"

I then uninstalled AddIn Express and Visual Studio

I completely made a new Visual Studio Installation

Then I reinstalled AddIn Express 9.1

From a back up, I could load my project but with the setup project I still get the message can not load because of incompatibility

I then installed AddIn Express 8.9 again and everything work fine as far as I can see.

I will go back to try to install Version 9.1 later, currently I am a bit stressed for time.

Now to the initial issue "Virus in alera.updater.exe"

Thank you very much for the pointer to virustotal.com This shows no viruses.

I use a Autenticode code signing certificate from Thawte, This however only lets me tick SHA-1 OR SHA-256 in the Publish Interface so I use SHA-256, so far I also did not uses a Time stamp server as Thawte doe not have this but they advise to use a Symantec time stamp server.
I will look at this.

The virus issue, I cannot follow up as I lost this client due to frustration. The other client where Symantec indicated malicious software will come back to me with more info. Hopefully.

By the way after the reinstallation, the program has lost some information which is stored in the registry with SaveSetting When I worked with the program then the registry entry was renewed as intended. Do you have any explanation for this? I thought the custom registry is not influenced by reinstallation of VS or AddIn Express.
Posted 27 Sep, 2018 04:04:40 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Michael,

I'm sorry to hear that you lost a client.

Michael Kaden writes:
When I tried t load my projects only the project headers are shown wit the note "Can not load because it is not compatible"

What project types for example?

Michael Kaden writes:
I still get the message can not load because of incompatibility

You should install the installation software product that you use.

Michael Kaden writes:
By the way after the reinstallation, the program has lost some information which is stored in the registry with SaveSetting When I worked with the program then the registry entry was renewed as intended. Do you have any explanation for this? I thought the custom registry is not influenced by reinstallation of VS or AddIn Express.

I can imagine this scenario: you access the registry key using your program name and you rename the program name. Can this be the case?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 27 Sep, 2018 11:14:56 Top