Installation with InstallShield

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Chris Ducharme

We are trying to create an InstallShield installer that installs our product along with our Outlook Add-in. We would like to be able to install the add-in in Per User or Per Machine setup based on the InstallShield selection. Is this possible, or do we have to compile the code for the add-in differently based on the RegisterForAllUsers=(true/false)? Or can we set this up in the adxloader manifest file for our installation?

We would also like to be able to select if this is 64bit or 32bit, also based on an InstallShield selection. Is this possible?

Since i am not the one doing the InstallShield installer, i need to be able to point the person in the right direction.

Thanks

Chris
Posted 06 Aug, 2018 12:02:33 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Chris,

Chris Ducharme writes:
We would like to be able to install the add-in in Per User or Per Machine setup based on the InstallShield selection. Is this possible

Yes, this is possible. To see a WiX implementation of this, let Add-in Express create a WiX setup project making sure you select the "Create dual-purpose setup project" check box. Alas, I can't point you to any InstallShield implementation of this.

Chris Ducharme writes:
We would also like to be able to select if this is 64bit or 32bit, also based on an InstallShield selection. Is this possible?

I suppose this is possible as well. Note however that for an Any CPU add-in, Add-in Express (adxregistrator.exe) registers the add-in in both 32bit and 64bit registries thus allowing the add-in to be loaded by Office of any bitness.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 07 Aug, 2018 03:29:15 Top