Add-In Express menu group missing in VS 2017

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Add-In Express menu group missing in VS 2017
In the build menu and project context menu the Add-In Express menu items are missing for registering, unregistering and publishing the add in 
Ronald Bouras

Dear support team,

today I installed actual updates for VS Studio 2017 Professional and the current update of Add-In Express, version 9.1.4620.

After that in my current solution containing an Add-In Express project the Add-In menu items are missing in the projects context menu.

In the VS properties dialog Add-In Express is not listed under "Installed products" but all designers work correctly and I can still add Add-In Express items to the project or create new Add-In Express projects.

Any idea what?s wrong here?

Thank you in advance
Regards
Ronald Bouras
Posted 25 Jul, 2018 08:13:38 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Ronald,

Please reinstall Add-in Express making sure that VS 2017 is selected in the corresponding window of the activation wizard.

Follow the suggestions below when installing the product:

- Close all Visual Studio instances and make sure there's no devenv.exe processes hanging in the Processes tab of the Task Manager window before you start the installer.
- Make sure you are an administrator on the PC.
- Set UAC to its default level.
- In Control Panel | System | Advanced | Performance | Settings | Data Execution Prevention, set the "... for essential Windows programs and services only" flag.
- Remove the following registry key, if it exists:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Add-in Express\{product identifier} {version} {package}
- Run setup.exe, not .MSI. If this is applicable, run setup.exe by right clicking it and choosing ?Â?Ð?ìRun as administrator?Â?Ð?í in the context menu.
- Finally, use the Automatic Activation option in the installer windows.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 25 Jul, 2018 08:38:29 Top
Ronald Bouras

Hi Andrej,

thanks for the fast response - the only thing I didn?t pay attention to must have been the UAC default level.

Anyway, your advice turned out to solve the problem - as usual :-)

Thanks again and have a great evening
Regards from a VERY hot Germany

Ronald
Posted 25 Jul, 2018 09:43:22 Top