Older AddinExpress.MSO.2005 dll prevents update

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Older AddinExpress.MSO.2005 dll prevents update

Ingrid Kellerer

That sounds good :-)
I start working at 8:00 in the morning - I'll send you the e-mail when I am ready.

Regards
Ingrid
Posted 10 Jul, 2018 10:24:14 Top
Ingrid Kellerer

Good morning - I sent you the mail.
Regards - Ingrid
Posted 11 Jul, 2018 01:22:41 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Good morning.

Connecting.

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 11 Jul, 2018 01:43:06 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

To all,

After a week of intensive search, the root cause appeared to be the same ProgID used on more than one add-in project.

We've got a report on resolving an issue with the same symptom - the manifest definition of AddinExpress.MSO.2005.dll doesn’t match the assembly reference - from Daryl who wrote:

The problem for me was that the setup installer wasn’t upgrading the previous version of my add-in dll because I hadn’t updated the file version in the project. The installer must use the file versioning rules and when upgrading my old add-in it saw that my old dll had the same version as the new dll and so didn’t install the new dll. Therefore it installed the new version 9 add in express components, but left my old version 8 add-in dll.

I was able to overcome it by updating the file version in the project properties of VS, but as a workaround to test I passed a property to the msiexec command to force it to update the files.

msiexec /i OfficeADXSetup.msi /qb REINSTALLMODE=amus

The 'a' switch of the REINSTALLMODE property causes it to always overwrite files.

Thank you, Daril!

You can find other parameters passed to msiexec.exe at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/msi/command-line-options.

Good luck!

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 20 Jul, 2018 02:33:51 Top