Positioning a Ribbon in PowerPoint before the home tab does not display the text correctly

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Positioning a Ribbon in PowerPoint before the home tab does not display the text correctly

mio

Hi,

after the latest Office 2016 Update (16.0.10228.20080) ribbon tabs positioned before the home tab and activated on start are not shown correctly.

The text is correctly shown but is some kind of gray or red and the Tab seems to be deactivated until you hover a the mouse above the tab.

Is this something you are able to fix or can this only be done on Microsofts end?

Thanks.
Posted 27 Jun, 2018 05:26:46 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Fabian,

Do you use images on the Ribbon controls? Does the issue go away if you select "Optimize for compatibility" in Display Settings (look in the status bar or in File | Options | General)? If yes, it relates to multiple monitors supported and you need to switch to using Add-in Express 9.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 27 Jun, 2018 06:34:22 Top
mio

Hi Andrei,

it also happens in compatability mode.
Addin Express 9 is already used because of the task pane issue.
I created a test addin which only creates a ribbon tab with the text "0" as caption for the tab and no controls on the ribbon and it happens.
I tried creating a dummy tab at the end and activate the dummy tab and reactivate the real tab using a dispatcher on application idle started in AddinStartupComplete. It still does not display the text correctly.

Here is an image about the situation I am encountering:
User added an image
Posted 27 Jun, 2018 06:56:31 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Fabian,

I run into this issue myself. I suppose it belongs to Office. Could you please send me your add-in? I'll try to create a VSTO project reproducing the post it on a Microsoft forum.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 28 Jun, 2018 07:42:06 Top
mio

Hi Andrei,

you can download the file from here:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqOx-g0ZN0_znt54tGnI3ipnC3ITYA

It should be available for the next 14 days.
Posted 28 Jun, 2018 09:41:10 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Thank you, Fabian.

I use Office 2016 Version 1807 (Build 10313.29913 Click-to-Run). It is an Office Insider build that displays Ribbon tabs differently: tab captions now look like top-level items in the main menu; the active tab is underlined; the background color doesn't change. I cannot reproduce this issue in this Office build.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 29 Jun, 2018 05:00:10 Top