Rob Blackin

Hi, I'm having the following exception running adxpublisher.exe for ClickTwice

Publisher: Preparing files...
Done.
Publisher: Checking the certificate...
Done.
Publisher: Preparing resources...

Publisher failed. The system cannot find the file specified
Publisher error (stack trace):    at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellEx
ecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   at AddinExpress.Projects.Common.Signer.SaveComponentRef(String pefilePath, St
ring resourceName, String cref)
   at AddinExpress.Deployment.ClickTwicePublisher.UpdateBootstraperResources(Str
ing tempDir, String binFilePath, String installationUrl, String prerequisitesPat
h, X509Certificate2 certificate, String timestampUri, String timestampSHA256Url,
 String appID)
   at AddinExpress.Deployment.ClickTwicePublisher.Run()
   at AddinExpress.Deployment.Program.Main(String[] args)

I've looked with ILSpy and I think the issue is related when adxpublisher wants to extract and execute internal resources for creating the MSI

Any input is highly appreciated

Thanks!
Posted 05 Jun, 2018 10:08:40 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Rob,

Could you please check if your antivirus blocks any Add-in Express file?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 06 Jun, 2018 02:02:44 Top
Rob Blackin

I dont have an antivirus installed
Posted 06 Jun, 2018 08:35:15 Top
Rob Blackin

I tried decompiling adxpublisher but none of the decompilers sucesfully export the code so it builds, I wanted to see why it was failing, I tried executing adxpublisher as Administrator also but the result was the same.
Posted 06 Jun, 2018 08:36:33 Top
Rob Blackin

I there any other way of creating a valid office addin using the MSI that I already have, I was planning on using adxpublisher because I need to run this on Jenkins
Posted 06 Jun, 2018 08:55:46 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Rob,

The publisher is about creating meta-inforrmation required for publishing the add-in. You create a .MSI using a setup project; you can create it using Add-in Express | Create Setup Project on the context menu of the add-in project.

As to publisher, please check the following:
- If your add-in project folder is checked in, check it out
- Let's check if your adxpublisher.exe.config is okay. Try to use the "Generate 'adxpublisher.exe.config' file" option of the publish dialog. If this doesn't work either, please send us 1) the MSIPublish folder of your add-in project's folder, 2) the .msipublish file

Andrei Smolin
Posted 06 Jun, 2018 10:56:18 Top
Rob Blackin

I finally figured out the issue, the problem was the WorkingDirectory parameters, I was using . (which works with ClickOnce) but it seems ClickTwice requires an absolute path, maybe its something to fix for a future version of adxpublisher.exe

Thanks!
Posted 06 Jun, 2018 18:48:01 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Rob,

adxpublisher.exe does support relative paths. We suggest that you use the "Generate 'adxpublisher.exe.config' file" option of the Publish dialog to generate the config file and compare the paths generated with your paths.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 07 Jun, 2018 05:12:50 Top