Outlook Addin Installer not registering Addin properly

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook Addin Installer not registering Addin properly

Alex Braun

Hello,

I have the following problem: I have created an installer (it installs for all users) for my Addin using the provided Addin-Express option to create an installer (and following the instructions on your support page). The installer works fine on 2 of my machines, however on the customer machine it doesn't work properly anymore.

The information I have so far is:
- It is being run as Admin
- The files are being copied to the target directory properly
- A registry entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\ is MISSING, however the addin still won't load after that key with the 4 values (FriendlyName, Description, CommandLineSafe and LoadBehavior) is added manually

My question is, what else is happening during the installation that could have failed? How can I get Outlook to show the addin? (For all users) Could this be an issue with the adxloader not being executed properly?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Posted 10 Apr, 2018 04:47:31 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Alex,

I assume your add-in is per machine. Is this correct? If so, please follow the steps listed in section Deploying a per-machine Office extension via an MSI installer, see the PDF file in the folder {Add-in Express}\Docs on your development PC. When this is done, run the installer and check errors/warnings in the file %temp%\{add-in project name}\adxregistrator.log; I assume you use Add-in Express 8.7 or above.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 10 Apr, 2018 06:43:40 Top
SINC

Hello Andrei,

thanks for the hint with the PDF documentation, I didn't know about that.

The documentation described the difference between running the ".msi"-file or the "setup.exe" to install the addin, which was helpful.

Running the setup.exe instead of the .msi seemed to have done the trick. I guess some prerequisites were missing.

Cheers
Posted 11 Apr, 2018 07:38:26 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

You are welcome!

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 11 Apr, 2018 07:57:10 Top