Installing Add-In does not add the ribbon sometimes

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Installing Add-In does not add the ribbon sometimes

Bjorn

Good day

I have developed a powerpoint add-in. Customers install the add-in using Click Once. Most of the time the registraion of the Add-In is flawless and the customers see the tab within their PowerPoint ribbon immediately. Occasionally though, even though the registration says successful, the tab does not appear within Powerpoint. The last two times this happened, were on Windows 10 machine running PPT 2016, and today a Win 8 machine running powerpoint 2010.

Any suggestions or clues I can give the customer to debug what went wrong?

Thanks
Bjorn
Posted 01 Mar, 2018 21:32:32 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Bjorn,

By default, whenever your add-in loads, Add-in Express creates/updates adxloader.log. When the issue occurs, have a look into that file: does it lists exceptions or warnings? If the log file isn't created/updated, check section Troubleshooting add-in loading at https://www.add-in-express.com/docs/troubleshooting-tips.php.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 02 Mar, 2018 03:45:58 Top
Bjorn

Hi Andrei

thanks for getting back to me. What's the default location of the log file? Does this differ from Windows to Windows version (i.e Win 8 vs Win Vista).

Thanks
Bjorn
Posted 02 Mar, 2018 04:50:35 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Bjorn,

The default locations of Add-in Express log files are as follows:

- {My Documents}\Add-in Express\adxregistrator.log in the profile of the user who runs the installer; if your add-in project refers to ADX version 8.6 and earlier
- {My Documents}\Add-in Express\adxloader.log in the profile of the user who starts Outlook; if your add-in project refers to ADX version 8.6 and earlier
- %temp%\{AssemblyProduct attribute; see AssemblyInfo}\adxregistrator.log in the profile of the user who runs the installer; if your add-in project refers to ADX version 8.7 and later
- %temp%\{AssemblyProduct attribute; see AssemblyInfo}\adxloader.log in the profile of the user who starts Outlook; if your add-in project refers to ADX version 8.7 and later

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 02 Mar, 2018 05:10:27 Top