Create WIX MSI installer for multiple projects

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Create WIX MSI installer for multiple projects

wehbi

Dear ADX-Team,

I do have two projects which I want to install at the same time with one MSI installer. I found a description in the forum, but it's based on the Visual Studio Installer Description.
Do I can achieve it with the WIX installer?

Thanks and regards,
Birger
Posted 22 Jan, 2018 11:33:08 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Birger,

You would need to "translate" those instructions to WiX; we don't have such an example in WiX. Note that you can use our Designer for WiX Toolset; see https://www.add-in-express.com/wix-designer/index.php. This tool mimics the UI and features that Visual Studio Installer provides. With Designer for WiX Toolset, you will be able to use the very same instructions.

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 23 Jan, 2018 03:45:35 Top
wehbi

Hello Andrei,

thanks for your reply. Do I understand you right, with the Wix-Designer I should be able to summarize multiple ADX Add-Ins to one installer and they will seen in the "Programs and Features" section as a single Installation...

Thanks and regards,
Birger
Posted 23 Jan, 2018 09:11:17 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Birger,

The blog you've mentioned demonstrates that you can use Visual Studio Installer to create an installer that deploys several add-ins at once. The WiX Designer allows you to achieve the same goal by following the same steps.

Whether you install the add-ins to Program Files is up to you. Anyway, each add-in should be located in a separate folder (subfolder of the installation folder); this is a restriction of Add-in Express.

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 23 Jan, 2018 09:56:11 Top