Create WIX MSI installer for multiple projects

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Create WIX MSI installer for multiple projects

wehbi

Dear ADX-Team,

I do have two projects which I want to install at the same time with one MSI installer. I found a description in the forum, but it's based on the Visual Studio Installer https://www.add-in-express.com/creating-addins-blog/2011/03/30/install-multiple-office-addins-one-setup-project/.
Do I can achieve it with the WIX installer?

Thanks and regards,
Birger
Posted 22 Jan, 2018 11:33:08 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Birger,

You would need to "translate" those instructions to WiX; we don't have such an example in WiX. Note that you can use our Designer for WiX Toolset; see https://www.add-in-express.com/wix-designer/index.php. This tool mimics the UI and features that Visual Studio Installer provides. With Designer for WiX Toolset, you will be able to use the very same instructions.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 23 Jan, 2018 03:45:35 Top
wehbi

Hello Andrei,

thanks for your reply. Do I understand you right, with the Wix-Designer I should be able to summarize multiple ADX Add-Ins to one installer and they will seen in the "Programs and Features" section as a single Installation...

Thanks and regards,
Birger
Posted 23 Jan, 2018 09:11:17 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Birger,

The blog you've mentioned demonstrates that you can use Visual Studio Installer to create an installer that deploys several add-ins at once. The WiX Designer allows you to achieve the same goal by following the same steps.

Whether you install the add-ins to Program Files is up to you. Anyway, each add-in should be located in a separate folder (subfolder of the installation folder); this is a restriction of Add-in Express.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 23 Jan, 2018 09:56:11 Top