ADXTaskPane overlay mode width

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

ADXTaskPane overlay mode width

OliverM

One of the panes I am using hosts a standard web browser control which targets my add-in's API online documentation. Other panes are hosting stuff like PDF viewer control, common controls etc.
I noticed that all panes are shown in overlay mode with the correct width (i.e. content is fully visible) except the one hosting the browser control.
To reproduce the behavior create an ADXTaskPane put a browser control on it (Dock = Fill) and navigate to google.com.
Minimize the pane and click on its button in order to enforce overlay mode.
Posted 12 Jan, 2018 09:04:37 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Oliver,

Are your using Custom Task Panes or Add-in Express panes? What host application are you using?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 15 Jan, 2018 04:35:59 Top
OliverM

Hi Andrei,

I am using Add-in Express panes. Host app is Excel 2013. The behavior is easily to reproduce as described above.
Posted 15 Jan, 2018 05:51:02 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Oliver,

If Position=Top, I see is a scroll bar shown at the right side of the pane; if Position=Right, the scroll bar is shown at the bottom. Do you see the same scroll bar? If so, this scroll bar is shown by the WebBrowser control because the page doesn't fit the pane size. If you see some other details, please let me see them.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 15 Jan, 2018 08:51:20 Top
OliverM

Hi Andrei,

I see the scroll bars you describe. What I was wondering about is, why a pane with lets say a group panel and a button in that panel, shows a different overlay mode width compared to a pane with a browser control on it.

After some testing I found that the overlay mode width/height seems to be defined by the dimensions set in the designer. Setting width/height at run time works for region state normal but not for state minimized.

Can you confirm this?
Posted 19 Jan, 2018 04:58:32 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Oliver,

Correct. Add-in Express lets you change the pane size only in the normal state.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 19 Jan, 2018 06:05:41 Top