ClickTwice updater install location

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

ClickTwice updater install location

Tim

Hello!

I am trying to use the ClickTwice publisher functionality as it's exactly what I need in my organisation.

I have created a per-user installer using Wix, so that my add-in installs to the %localappdata% folder in my user profile.

At the moment, I have my preferences set to "Enable Automatic Updates" and that the updater should check for updates "Every time host application runs". The installer folder is published to a shared network folder.

After installing the add-in from the shared network folder for the first time, I noticed that there is an additional folder created in c:\users\<user>\appdata\local\ which contains the updater (that does the checking for new versions on application startup), named <myaddin>.updater.exe

Please could anyone let me know if it's possible to control the location of this updater? Ideally I'd like to move it to a subfolder of the installation folder just to keep things tidy as this add-in will be eventually pushed out to a large number of users.

Thank you for your assistance.
Posted 18 Sep, 2017 11:35:32 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Tim,

The updater location isn't customizable. This is by design.

Tim writes:
the location of this updater? Ideally I'd like to move it to a subfolder of the installation folder

Note that the add-in uninstaller will try to delete the installation folder. This attempt will fail if the updater is started from a subfolder of the installation folder.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 20 Sep, 2017 06:18:07 Top