Automatic Updates Error on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1, but not on Windows 10

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Automatic Updates Error on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1, but not on Windows 10

chattanooga

Yes, I use the ClickTwice module in the add-in project.
Posted 14 Mar, 2017 09:56:43 Top
chattanooga

Is it possible for you to send me a update test project which I can test on my machines. Since you can't recreate the error.
Posted 14 Mar, 2017 09:58:29 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello,

You need to move the ClickTwice module to a separate class library project. That project should only contain a reference to AddinExpress.Deployment.dll and to dependencies required by your code (that handles the events of the ClickTwice module. Then publish your add-in anew.

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 14 Mar, 2017 10:24:09 Top
chattanooga

I am not sure what you mean by this. Is it possible for you to modify the updateTest VS solution I sent you so I can see what I am doing wrong? I followed instructions on this blog post: https://www.add-in-express.com/creating-addins-blog/2016/11/30/automatic-updates-office-extensions/
Posted 14 Mar, 2017 10:31:56 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Please note that the example supplied with this blog contains a class library project called CTCustomActions. This project contains a ClickTwice module. And the assembly is specified in the Custom Actions dialog (click the Custom Actions button on the Publish dialog).

You also wrote:
chattanooga writes:
Yes, I use the ClickTwice module in the add-in project.

This contradicts to the above and you need to fix this contradiction. First off, delete the ClickTwice module from your add-in project. Then create a class library project (I also refer to it as a custom action project), add a ClickTwice module to it and handle the module's events as required. Finally, build the class library and specify it in the Custom Actions form of the Publish dialog.

In theory, it *is* possible to use a ClickTwice module in your add-in project. But this makes your add-in a ClickTwice custom action and this requires that the actions folder (within the publishing location) contains all DLLs of your add-in along with AddinExpress.Deployment.dll. This doesn't seem rational and this is why I suggest creating a custom action project as described above.

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 15 Mar, 2017 06:40:35 Top