ClickOnce Install URL

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

ClickOnce Install URL
Visual Studio ClickOnce Publish Error, Installation URL is not well-formed 
J P

I've just installed the latest v8.5 from 17.01.29, and without making any changes ran into a problem while publishing my Office Add-In:

"The installation URL is not well formed..."

We did update our code-signing cert, and as an upgrade of course the keys and dates change but we remained with our previous provider so all related assets remain unchanged (save the pwd).

The target install URL is valid and resolved fine, directly to a target of the same name:

http://dl.<domain-name>.com/app_name.application

What's changed? The domain reference is, however, to a CDN edge host which reverse resolves to a different DNS name.

Did you by chance add checks designed to vet URLs that don't line up in this fashion, or has something else gone terribly wrong we don't know about?

I'm able to publish using alternative means, i.e. local references etc. but that won't do any good for distribution. Perhaps we're doing something wrong and have been getting away with it until now?

Thanks,
j
Posted 01 Feb, 2017 22:57:11 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi JP,

What the previous version of Add-in Express did you use? We added some checks to the ClickOnce wizard in the latest build.
Posted 02 Feb, 2017 09:58:01 Top
jpoff

I think I updated in December so it wasn't but a version or two ago. I might have missed one - I'm sorry I can't say for sure.

So long as I use the http://<domain>.com/<appname>/<appname>.application I can proceed, though this does have an impact on???CDN???configuration. Unfortunately, our appname has an underscore in it, and the particular CDN we're using doesn't permit this for redirected endpoints and such. This caused a bit of a problem, but we found a way around it.

It's a bit unfortunate, though, as it seems somewhat arbitrary unless I'm missing something.
Posted 02 Feb, 2017 10:10:04 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hello,

I disabled the url check in the ClickOnce wizard. I will send you the download link by e-mail.
Posted 03 Feb, 2017 05:16:10 Top