OneDrive for Business and Outlook 2016

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

OneDrive for Business and Outlook 2016

Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Petko Iliev writes:
We understood that there is no solution for point one (1. Please let us know if there is a solution to solve the problem.). Please confirm.

I confirm this. My tests show that adding an attachment using mail.Attachments.Add anUrlOfFile, 4 puts the cloud mini-icon on the attachment's icon. I don't think you'll be able to bypass this. I would suggest that you try these ways:
- publish the description of your problem on the Outlook for Developers forum at https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=outlookdev.
- contact Microsoft support

I have an impression that the probability of the Outlook team getting aware of this problem is far from zero. Anyway, I strongly recommend that you make the description a) short, b) readable and understandable. The current version of the problem description is hard to understand (is this about an attachment or an attachment's icon, or something else?) and it contains assumptions and conclusions that may be wrong or doubtful. You should also provide a code example, the simpler the better. I would create a simple VBA macro or an instruction on how to create such a macro.

Although I think this issue can't be bypassed, there's a chance they have a MAPIProperty dealing with this.

Petko Iliev writes:
For point two

I see these items in my Outlook 2016. I can't understand these words: "sign some functions", "options has no function". Sign? Functions?

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 13 Jan, 2017 04:54:29 Top
Petko Iliev

Currently when we attach an item and click on those options nothing happens.
We want to add functionality - those options to do something. Is there way to achieve this.

Thanks!
Posted 13 Jan, 2017 05:10:19 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Petko Iliev writes:
We want to add functionality - those options to do something. Is there way to achieve this.

There is no such way because the ID of the menu item and the IDs of its subitems aren't mentioned in the list of built-in Ribbon controls. There's an explanation, though: this document(s) was created before they added these items. This wouldn't be a problem should they add these items to the File | Options | Customize Ribbon dialog. But the dialog doesn't show these items either and this is the end of the road: there's no way to customize these items. You can only add custom items to that context menu.

If you will contact Microsoft (directly or via the Outlook for Developers forum), you can also mention the impossibility to customize these items.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 13 Jan, 2017 05:26:59 Top
Petko Iliev

I understand.
Thanks for the help.
Posted 16 Jan, 2017 03:31:15 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

You are welcome.