Outlook Add-In doesn't show after registration

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook Add-In doesn't show after registration

Markus Bogner

Hi,

I am very new with Add-In Express. So I started to watch some videos of the learning center. But my first try to run an add-in was not very successfull.

After creating a ribbonbar, adding a group and adding a button which should show a messagebox for testing I was bulding the solution and after that I registerd the project.

Everything runs without any trouble or error. After the registration the messagebox of Add-In Express shows that the registration succeeded.
So I run Outlook but the ribbonbar does not show up. In the options of Outlook the add-in was enabled. In the registry my "test" add-in is mentioned and the loadingbehavior says 3. If I am right 3 says that everything is ok, isn't it? In the adxloader.log file I can't find any error too.
I already tried to uninstall the add-in and install it again but the result was the same.

I am using Visual Studio 2015 and Office 2013. The add-in was created for Office 2000 and higher.

Does anybody have an idea which mistake I have done?
Thanks in advance

Markus
Posted 30 Dec, 2016 17:44:42 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Markus,

As far as I understand you don't see your ribbon tab in the Outlook Explorer window, correct? If so, please check the Ribbons property of your ADXRibbonTab component. By default this property is set to OutlookMailRead;OutlookMailCompose, this allows your ribbon tab to be added to the Outlook Inspector window containing mail items.
Posted 02 Jan, 2017 07:15:46 Top
Markus Bogner

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you for the help. That is it.
Now Im already finished with my AddIn and it worked very well. But I have a strang problem.
Im using the AddIn in our company network and install it through the gpp of our domain. For the clients who use Outlook 2010+ the AddIn shows how it should but for the clients who use 2007 it does not show expect 2 Clients.
In the registry the AddIn is mentioned and the loadingbehaviour says also 3.
Is there also any property which I forgot to set?

Markus
Posted 03 Jan, 2017 07:56:44 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Markus,

Outlook 2007 does not have Ribbon in the Explorer window. Do you use the ADXOlExplorerCommandBar component in your project especially for this case?
Posted 03 Jan, 2017 09:09:35 Top
Markus Bogner

Hi Dmitry,

Yes I do. I have Ribbon as well as a CommandBar in my project. For 2 Client it works fine, but for the others who use Outlook 2007 it does not.
Posted 03 Jan, 2017 09:44:53 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Markus,

I would suggest that you verify the contents of the adxloader.log file on the affected machines, probably you will find an error there. Also, please have a look at the Troubleshooting chapter (page 372) of the Add-in Express Developer Guide, it may be helpful.
Posted 03 Jan, 2017 10:02:40 Top
Markus Bogner

Hi Dmitry,

I was very busy the last days, thank you for your help. After a lot of tries my add-in did not install at all. So I decided to make a new project. After that and a few improvemnts, I had the same problem again Outlook 2010 and higher worked fine and 2007 does not show. So I red some adxlodader logs very carefully and I noticed on one machine that the UAC was off but it was also off on other machines which had Outlook 2010. I looked again in the forum and I found a topic about the UAC. A colleague of you wrote there, that UAC only matters in Office 2007 and earlier.
So I will enable UAC on all machines and try it again on monday. I will tell you if it works.

Markus
Posted 06 Jan, 2017 15:19:28 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Markus,

For the machines on which the Ribbon doesn't show up, please check section
https://www.add-in-express.com/docs/troubleshooting-tips.php#troubleshooting_add-in_loading

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 09 Jan, 2017 05:09:41 Top