How can I detect StorageItem being added?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

How can I detect StorageItem being added?

developer_cp

Say I have 2 (or more) Outlook clients running, one of them creates an StorageItem in the current folder...
How can the other client knows/sync with the Exchange server that an item has been created?

I was able to do something similar when I create a PostItem, the NewMailEx picked it up, but not for StorageItem.

Ultimately what I'm trying to accomplish is to create an Item that sync between clients but NOT display/show them at all.
Posted 07 Dec, 2016 17:09:47 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Eric,

If the FolderChange and ItemAdd events aren't triggered when you create a StorageItem, then the only way is scan the folder periodically. To handle these events you need to add the Outlook Folders Events and Outlook Items (not Item!) Events classes to your project (see the Add New Item dialog) and connect them as follows:
- connect the Outlook Folders Events class to the folder which is the parent of the folder in question
- connect the Outlook Items Events class to the folder in question

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 08 Dec, 2016 05:13:25 Top
developer_cp

Thank you Andrei, I somewhat got what i wanted to work on one of the Outlook client.
But running into other issues, so if I create a folder under Inbox, this folder would get synchronize with other Outlook client (it would show up in other Outlook instances).
However, when I add the item into the folder, it does not get synchronize. How can I get the items inside my folder to synchronize with the exchange server?

The item i was creating has a MessageClass: "IPM.Boardcast" which is something I'm trying to do.
Posted 08 Dec, 2016 13:14:51 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Eric,

I would check if invoking a Send/Receive operation from the Outlook UI performs the sync.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 09 Dec, 2016 05:23:34 Top