Outlook Form Region precedence

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook Form Region precedence
Multiple Add-in Express add-ins conflicting 
Daniel Gustafson

Hello Add-in Express Team,

I have run into a situation where our company is using two similar Outlook Form Region add-ins which conflict in display.

I have my custom add-in built with Add-in Express and the other is Citrix ShareFile (I believe this is built with Add-in Express also), both which try to display the form regions in the same space.

Right now, the user is presented with a selector to toggle between the two form regions. Is it easy to float one of these to the top instead, even though they are in separate projects?

I'm unable to embed screenshots in my current environment, but you can view the files at the following URL
https://bmcm.sharefile.com/d-sce49063961841b0a
Posted 17 Nov, 2016 16:54:13 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Daniel,

This isn't a conflict. This is by design: when two or more forms are registered with a given region, only one pane is displayed; to switch to another pane(s), the user uses the controls shown in your screenshots.

To show your form on top of other forms in the region, call ADXOlForm.Activate() in the ADXOlForm.ADXAfterFormShow event.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 18 Nov, 2016 07:12:34 Top
Daniel Gustafson

Thanks I will start working on this. To clarify, will this force Outlook to only show 1 add-in? Is it possible to show one add-in above the other?

Something like...

________________Outlook Window_____________________
|================Add-in 1 Banner====================|
|++++++++++++++++Add-in 2 Banner++++++++++++++++++++|
| |
| |
Posted 18 Nov, 2016 09:03:49 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

We talk about custom forms created by different add-ins and shown in the same region. The forms can only be shown one on top of the other. To let them be shown side by side, you need to use Custom Task Panes; see https://www.add-in-express.com/docs/net-office-custom-task-panes.php.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 18 Nov, 2016 09:43:33 Top