Outlook add-in no longer loads after installing the new Add-in Express

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook add-in no longer loads after installing the new Add-in Express

developer_cp Developer

We had been using an old version of Add-in Express before with VS2010, and then we switched to VS2015 and everything was still build and ran fine.
We just upgraded to the latest adxnet-v802-b4371-vs-pro and installed it with the option to integrate it with VS2015, ever since then nothing works.

It builds and installed fine with no errors, but when launching outlook the add-in won't load.
Is there anything needs to be change in the project to get it to work with the new release?

I'm fairly new with these Add-in express stuff, just recently switch to work on this project.

Edit: So even after rolling back the entire project to a good state (so there is no hijack files or uncommitted changes), when recompiling the add-in, I see that the adxloader.dll still gets regenerated... When I look at Outlook Options > Add-ins, it looks like the entry point of the add-in is done via the adxloader.dll...?

Thanks.
Posted 28 Oct, 2016 09:46:05 Top
developer_cp

Well I dunno how the Add-in Express installer works but the problem was that the installer seem to put the adxloader.dll.manifest into the root folder of my project, rather than inside the Loader folder... so as a result, it was still regenerating the adxloader.dll with the old manifest file.

After I replaced the manifest with the new one, its fine.
Posted 28 Oct, 2016 10:43:57 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello,

The manifest is an instruction to the loader: what assembly to load, where to create a log file, etc. The adxloader.dll.manifest must be located in the Loader folder of your add-in project. When delivered to the target machine, it can locate in the folder containing all other assemblies of your add-in.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 31 Oct, 2016 07:17:27 Top