Add-In located in BottomNavigationPane and collapsing the Outlook Navigation Panel

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Add-In located in BottomNavigationPane and collapsing the Outlook Navigation Panel

Chris McA

My Outlook Add-In loads in the BottomNavigationPane region. There is a bit of a display issue though when the user collapses the left navigation panel, because Outlook renders the folders in a compact, side-ways list-view, whereas my add-in remains in its original state. It looks a bit ugly because of the inconsistency.

Is there any event that fires when the navigation panel is collapsed / expanded, or anyway of instructing the region that it should behave differently in that context? That would allow me to render my add-in differently so that it looks more appropriate.

Cheers,
Chris
Posted 17 Oct, 2016 06:23:05 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Chris,

Chris McA writes:
There is a bit of a display issue though when the user collapses the left navigation panel, because Outlook renders the folders in a compact, side-ways list-view, whereas my add-in remains in its original state.

When the Navigation pane collapses, your form should hide. What Add-in Express build are you using? What Outlook version are you using?

Chris McA writes:
Is there any event that fires when the navigation panel is collapsed / expanded

Check the ADXNavigationPane* events of the ADXOlFormsManager. Also, the form itself generates the ADXBeforeFormShow, ADXAfterFormShow, and ADXAfterFormHide events.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 17 Oct, 2016 08:38:45 Top
Chris McA

Hi Andrei,

We're using version 8.1.4350 and Outlook 2013 and 2016. We've actually worked out that it only happens when the screen resolution is at 125 DPI. Does this make any sense?

Cheers,
Chris
Posted 25 Oct, 2016 05:31:15 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Chris,

If you install Add-in Express 8.2, I'll send you the assembly(ies) that fix this issue (among other issues). Otherwise, you can wait for us releasing Add-in Express 8.3; supposedly this will occur early next week.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 25 Oct, 2016 08:21:43 Top
Chris McA

That would be great Andrei, thank you for the update. I'll just hold off for the official release of 8.3.

Is this still planned for this week?
Posted 31 Oct, 2016 08:14:19 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Chris,

Yes, it is.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 31 Oct, 2016 08:28:31 Top