Outlook Forms Manager disables Office 365 store add-ins on compose ribbon

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook Forms Manager disables Office 365 store add-ins on compose ribbon

ben.nicholls

Hello,

I have an Outlook addin build with version 8.2.4371. I've found that if my addin has an ADXOlFormsManager then I can't access other addins installed from the Office 365 store (ie: addins built with the new javascript api) in a mail compose window as the ribbon buttons to access the Office365 installed addins are disabled.

You can see an example of what I mean here https://postimg.org/image/lr3fe2r9x/

There doesn't even need to be an ADXOlFormsCollectionItem associated with the ADXOlFormsManager for the problem to occur.

I have been able to replicate this with a new project which I can send you on request.

Steps to replicate..
Make sure you have an Outlook 2016 profile connected to an Office365 account with an addin installed from the Office 365 add-in store (eg: Boomerang).
Create a new ADX project.
Set minimum supported version to 2010 (not sure that this matters)
Set the supported applications to Outlook
Open the designer for AddinModule
Add an ADXOlFormsManager to the design surface.
Make sure the addin is registered and run the project to start Outlook.
In Outlook, click New Email
The "Office Add-ins" ribbon button and any additional buttons shown for installed addins will be disabled. Sometimes the "Office Add-ins" button may remain enabled but the additional buttons will still be disabled.

Note that if you do an inline reply then the buttons work normally.

Can you please let me know if there is a solution to this problem?

Thanks
Ben
Posted 11 Oct, 2016 00:49:18 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Ben,

You've run in an issue that we described at https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/353e39cc-2f47-4ede-903f-e2fb524f2c32/idmsoofficeextensionsgallery-gets-disabled-if-you-access-the-items-parent-folder-in-newinspector?forum=outlookdev#04d6ea37-6a6b-46b3-a7d7-96ae72f2bd2d.

Unfortunately, we don't have any other news regarding this issue.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 11 Oct, 2016 04:52:27 Top
ben.nicholls

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for responding. Hopefully you and Microsoft will be able to come up with a solution soon.

Ben.
Posted 11 Oct, 2016 18:27:13 Top