Register ADX Project....

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Register ADX Project....
yes, its not there for me either (VS Ultimate) 
Andrew R

I just installed add-in express

I am trying to go through your quick tutorial

https://www.add-in-express.com/creating-addins-blog/2010/05/14/office2010-addins-getting-started/

, but I am hitting a barrier

I dont see the option "Register ADX Project"

in my build menu.

I am using Visual Studio Ultimate 2013 (version 4.6.01055)

I think it was there for a brief moment when I first installed your product, but when I selected it from the build menu, the software said it must be "run as an administrator".

I ran visual studio as an admin (right click, "run as administrator") , the "Register ADX Project" build menu option disappeared and I cannot find it now, even if I go back to running it without administrative privelages

I note that when I run without admin privelages, I see a "register product" menu item under build, which is not visible when I run it in admin mode. I have no idea whether this relates to "Add in express" or some other product

I am hoping you can help me get this working ?

I have read many posts where people were running VS Express edition - but this is not my situation and I am unable to proceed further
Posted 26 Sep, 2016 15:51:35 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Andrew,

Does this issue occur if you create a new Add-in Express COM Add-in project?

Please open the About dialog in the IDE; see Help | About on the main menu. Click the Copy Info button in the dialog box. This places the information that the dialog displays to the Clipboard. Please send me that info to the support email address; find it in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt. Please make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 27 Sep, 2016 03:58:20 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Thank you for sending me screenshots.

We renamed these menu items a while back. The new names are Register Project and Unregister Project. You can also right-click the project and choose Add-in Express on the context menu to find another way to register/unregister the project.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 27 Sep, 2016 08:01:18 Top
Andrew R

Thanks Andrei

That solved my initial problem

I had a follow on issue which I was also able to solve (I couldnt see my tabs)

it is discussed here
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23841184/no-add-in-tab-though-add-in-is-loaded-and-working

basicually I just unchecked my add ons in MSExcel and then checked them again

Appreciate your help, and looking forward to building some add ins!
Posted 27 Sep, 2016 14:36:47 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Thank you!

Andrei Smolin
Posted 28 Sep, 2016 03:23:45 Top