Uninstall ADX Project Loses Outlook Profile

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Uninstall ADX Project Loses Outlook Profile

Sarah Lazar

Hello,
Since we upgrade to the latest version of Add-In-Express (8.2.4371), while uninstalling the project, Oulook opens and ask the user to redefine it's profile. The Outlook process appears in task-manager under system account.
The problem occurs in OL 2010 & 2013, but not in OL 2016.
This problem is very urgent since we must release new version of out product next week.
Thanks,
Sarah
Posted 15 Sep, 2016 00:16:24 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Sarah,

This problem occurs because you use some Add-in Express components that require Add-in Express to start Outlook when the add-in is being unregistered. An example of such a component would be an ADX*Commandbar, ADX*MainMenu or ADXContextMenu having its Temporary property set to False. The same occurs if you use the Outlook Bar Shortcut Manager component. Is this the case?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 15 Sep, 2016 02:54:34 Top
Sarah Lazar

Hello Andrei,
For all of the components, the Temporary property is set to True.
What do you mean "if you use the Outlook Bar Shortcut Manager component" ?
Thanks,
Sarah
Posted 15 Sep, 2016 04:08:28 Top
Sarah Lazar

Hello Andrei,
I read about "Outlook Bar Shortcut Manager" and we do not use this component.
We do use ADXKeyboardShortcut components. Is it relevant? and what i have to change to fix the uninstallation process?
Thanks,
Sarah
Posted 15 Sep, 2016 04:24:40 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Sarah,

Can I look into your AddinModule.cs (AddinModule.vb) and AddinModule.Designer.cs (AddinModule.Designer.vb)? If yes, please send them to the support email address. You can find it in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt. Please make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

I'm going to check the components that you use and Add-in Express events that you handle.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 15 Sep, 2016 07:22:20 Top