Region being created twice with Send to Mail Recipient from Explorer

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Region being created twice with Send to Mail Recipient from Explorer

Peter Marshall

We have had reported to us a strange thing occurring within our Addin by a user, and i've been able to replicate here.

We have a region on Inspector in which we have a custom control which appears as expected from within Outlook when creating / editing an email.

However when you do "Send to -> Mail Recipient" on a file in explorer we are seeing our region created twice in that specific email. It is only in these circumstances that we get two copies of the region.

I've debugged the code and I can clearly see 2 copies of our form being created (from a breakpoint in the constructor). At this point i've also checked the Items in the FormManager but these look correct as well (we define an explorer form and an inspector form, and that is all the FormManager contains).

At the breakpoint in the constructor of our form the callstack always shows external code, which I assume is AddinExpress creating the form via reflection.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening ?

Thanks

Peter Marshall
Posted 07 Sep, 2016 09:13:00 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Peter,

In a couple of minutes, I'll send you a download link to the internal build which fixes such an issue for us.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 07 Sep, 2016 09:40:33 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Peter,

I've sent you an email. While preparing it I found that the fix is actually an assembly, not a build. I'm sorry for misleading. Please let me know if the fix works for you.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 07 Sep, 2016 09:47:41 Top