Trouble with clicktwice setup.exe

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Trouble with clicktwice setup.exe

Thomas Darde

I'm strugling with clicktwice......
2 exe are created, the first (downloads and install the msi) is working fine.
But the setup.exe (which installs dependencies) is not ! I have the message :
Security Error: The downloader is not trusted. Task name : ParseXML

Any help ? What do you need from me ?
Posted 06 Jul, 2016 03:08:08 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Thomas,

What version of Add-in Express .NET do you use?
Posted 06 Jul, 2016 05:01:15 Top
Thomas Darde

Hi Sergey,

Version 8.2.4371
Posted 06 Jul, 2016 05:06:01 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Thomas,

To install ClickTwice application you need to run the downloader, not setup.exe. If you have any prerequisites, the downloader will download setup.exe and install prerequisites automatically. If you have two .exe in the same folder (the downloader and setup.exe), it means that your project was created using the old version of Add-in Express. It is done for compatibility reason.
The latest version of ClickTwice creates the downloader + setup.exe located in the 'prerequisites' subfolder.

Also, make sure that you sign the ClickTwice application using the valid digital certificate, not a test certificate.
Posted 06 Jul, 2016 05:25:59 Top
Thomas Darde

Hello, based on this page: https://www.add-in-express.com/docs/net-office-deployment-clicktwice.php

I understand the boostraper is "setup.exe"
the downloader is "name-of-my-app.exe"

I need to give the url of the bootstraper to my clients ? I'm a bit confused, because I understand the help page differently that what you say in your post.

Thanks for your lights,

Thomas
Posted 06 Jul, 2016 06:38:57 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Thomas,

That's my personal fault; I haven't modified the description we provide in the Introduction to ClickTwice section. We will modify it ASAP. In section Version-specific folders, we provide this algorithm:

The folder contains:

- the .MSI installer you specified.
- an unmanaged executable that Add-in Express generates. The executable is called downloader. If no prerequisites are specified, it downloads the .MSI file from {Installation URL}/{Language code}/{Version} and runs it. If prerequisites are specified, it launches setup.exe located in the prerequisites folder, waits for the prerequisites to get installed; and then downloads and runs the .MSI. The file name of the downloader is set to the name of your project, such as myaddin1.exe.
- the prerequisites folder (only if prerequisites are specified).

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 06 Jul, 2016 06:52:22 Top