The application-specific permission settings

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

The application-specific permission settings
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 
Terrance DeChaney

I receive this exception on some installs both clickonce and installsheild(VSTO)

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

is there a workaround or setting that I am missing on permissions?

Thanks,
Terry
Posted 25 Apr, 2016 14:09:24 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Terrance,

Could you please provide more information about the exception? When does it occur? What code causes it? Do you use 3rd party COM or ActiveX components in your code? Any other information that you think could help us will be much appreciated.
Posted 26 Apr, 2016 04:57:20 Top
Terrance DeChaney

Thanks for picking this up.
We get this exception both if we deploy an add-in express outlook plugin by click once or by MSI (VSTO)

{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
and APPID
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable).
This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Exception Source:
Exception Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
Exception Message: Exception from HRESULT: 0x90740111
Exception Target Site: ThrowExceptionForHRInternal

---- Stack Trace ----
System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(errorCode As Int32, errorInfo As IntPtr)
mscorlib.dll: N 00000 (0x0) JIT
System.Runtime.InteropServices.CustomMarshalers.EnumeratorViewOfEnumVariant.MoveNext()
mscorlib.dll: N 0077 (0x4D) IL
TwOutlook.OutlookAddin.Infrastructure.ApplicationEngine.TryGetRootFolder(path As String, rootFolder As MAPIFolder&)
mscorlib.dll: N 0202 (0xCA) IL
TwOutlook.OutlookAddin.Infrastructure.ApplicationEngine.SetCustomStore()
mscorlib.dll: N 0277 (0x115) IL
TWOutlookOutlookAddIn.AddinModule.adxOutlookEvents_Startup(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)
mscorlib.dll: N 0023 (0x17) IL
AddinExpress.MSO.ADXOutlookAppEvents.DoStartup()
mscorlib.dll: N 0017 (0x11) IL

Thanks for the help.
Terry
Posted 26 Apr, 2016 09:25:58 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Terrance,

Thank you for the additional info.

As far as I can see, the exception comes from the TryGetRootFolder method of the ApplicationEngine class. I would suggest that you debug this code on the affected machine, probably this will help to determine the cause of the exception.

Also, I have just verified both registry keys you posted on my machine, they point to RuntimeBroker (C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exe). I can assume that something is wrong with the security settings on the machine, moreover, the exception details contain the following recommendation:
This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Sorry, I cannot advise anything else because we have never run into such problems. Try to google this exception.
Posted 26 Apr, 2016 11:30:30 Top