Missing adxregistrator log file

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Missing adxregistrator log file
Log Not Created 
Michael Thrift

The registration process is not generating a log. I've looked for it in the default location: C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Add-in Express\

We use ClickOnce deployment. Is this automatically done? Is the setting for the log the same as the adxloader log?

I see the adxloader log file which is copied over each time EXCEL is opened, but I cannot find the registration log file. We have a user that can install our Add-In, and our custom form appears, but the registration never takes place. No registry entries exist for the Add-In.

The very same Add-In will install and register correctly on all other machines we have. This individual did have it installed, and the next day it was gone. We checked the disabled list ... she says she uninstalled and re-installed. After re-installing, the registration never took place.

I can't find a registration log to check the issue. Any suggestions? The XML for has

<loaderSettings generateLogFile="true" shadowCopyEnabled="false" privileges="user" minOfficeVersionSupported="14"/>
Posted 27 Jan, 2016 14:37:30 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Michael Thrift writes:
The registration process is not generating a log.

The ClickOnce registration process doesn't generate a log file.

Michael Thrift writes:
I see the adxloader log file which is copied over each time EXCEL is opened

Does that log file contain any problem?

Michael Thrift writes:
and the next day it was gone.

Is the add-in listed in File | Options | Add-ins? If so, under what category?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 29 Jan, 2016 07:18:33 Top
Michael Thrift

No issues with the adxloader log file. Of course until the add-in was no longer registered, at which point the log was not being generated.

Strangely, after uninstalling the Add-In, I was able to get the install to work (where it registered at the end) by clicking on the .application mainfest to start the setup instead of setup.exe

Not sure why this made a difference.
Posted 04 Feb, 2016 10:35:15 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Please let me know if you find anything of value.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 05 Feb, 2016 06:54:49 Top