Unable to debug with the Loader

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Unable to debug with the Loader

Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Harry, please try to reinstall ADX.
Also please check the GAC folder. Probably the AddinExpress.MSO.dll assembliy is still there after you have uninstalled it.
Posted 01 Sep, 2006 07:08:14 Top
nfsadx

Hi Sergey,

Here's what I did:
uninstalled adx ol then adx itself. checked the GAC and no ADX components were there. I checked explorer and the afalinsoft(?) and adx folders were both still there but had partial content. Tried to delete them but there was a sharing violation so rebooted and removed them. Then installed Adx 2.7 and Adx ol again. When creating a new project and clicking on 'Register ADX..', nothing happened. When i restarted VS2003 and tried again on the same virgin solution, it worked. I was also able to debug.

I think the problem maybe that when i upgraded to adx 2.7, i did not uninstall the previous version first. Also when 'moving' my project from shim to Loader, I created a loader+setup solution and copied all code files over from my shimmed solution.

What i have done now is to repeat the same thing but this time i did not replace the module, instead retracing my steps to make the new module the same as the old one (e.g. added events, form manager etc). I also chose a different name for the solution.

This appears to have done the trick and i can now debug and have installed onto our demo environment and the loader works fine.

Thanks all for your help.
Posted 01 Sep, 2006 09:44:46 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Harry.

It's a good news. Good luck.
Posted 02 Sep, 2006 18:26:03 Top