Change ADX registration message

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Change ADX registration message

nwein

Is it possible to either change the message in the registration message (i.e. the message saying "The ADX project registration succeeded", not necessarily from VS, but when registering/unregistering the add-in in general) or get that information myself so that I can notify the users myself?
Posted 29 Sep, 2015 17:57:48 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Nir,

The message produced when registering an add-in in the IDE is not customizable. In what scenario do you get the message that you need to customize?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 30 Sep, 2015 03:54:05 Top
nwein

in what scenario do you get the message that you need to customize?

When you select the "Show registration message in the publish preferences.
But if you're saying the IDE message is not customizable, then I believe this (similar) message won't be customizable either.
I know I can hide the registration message, but I fear users might launch their host immediately, before the registration process has finished. Normally we direct our users to await this message (usually after updates) before launching their hosts again.
I thought I could use that message to show some more information.
Perhaps it's something you can add in a future release? It's somewhat similar to a custom UI (but not really).
Posted 30 Sep, 2015 10:55:41 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Nir,

nwein writes:
Perhaps it's something you can add in a future release? It's somewhat similar to a custom UI (but not really).

We will think about this but I can't promise that we will implement this.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 01 Oct, 2015 06:19:08 Top