Drag and drop files onto Outlook folder pane

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Drag and drop files onto Outlook folder pane

Lyubomir Ahtarov

Hello,

I've created a webviewpane with Internet Explorer core inside it.
If I drag and drop items from there :
- to the Inbox => a new message is created with attachment - the dropped items.url
- to the Sent Items/any other folder => a new message is created in that folder with attachment - the dropped items.url

I've tried using the adxOutlookAppEvents1_ItemLoad, but I can read only 2 properties - class and MessageClass.
For all other properties I'm getting this errormessage: "The item?Â?Ð?és properties and methods cannot be used inside this event procedure."

I've searched through the forums and found this forum post that unfortunately doesn't help me.
https://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=12915

What I need is to intercept the drag/drop event and read the message properties.
I was thinking if I could bind to a "new email creation event" when it's the inbox or
new mail added in the store for any other folder.
Then I can easy identify and assume that email with attachments ending with specific suffix added just now, are the the once I'm looking for.
However, I wasn't able to find examples for those events and/or if those even exist.

regards
Lyubo
Posted 01 Sep, 2015 09:35:16 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Lyubomir,

I've tried using the adxOutlookAppEvents1_ItemLoad, but I can read only 2 properties - class and MessageClass. For all other properties I'm getting this errormessage: "The item?Â?Ð?és properties and methods cannot be used inside this event procedure."

Please have a look at the Remarks section of the following MSDN article:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff868544.aspx

What I need is to intercept the drag/drop event and read the message properties. I was thinking if I could bind to a "new email creation event" when it's the inbox or new mail added in the store for any other folder.

I think you can try one of these solutions:
1. Create an instance of the AddinExpress.MSO.ADXOutlookItemEvents class and connect it to the item parameter of the ItemLoad event to see if other events of the loaded item occur. Probably you will be able to get access to the properties you need in one of subsequent events.

2. Use the AddinExpress.MSO.ADXOutlookItemsEvents class. You can create an instance(s) of the class, connect it to an Outlook folder(s) that you need to monitor and add your code to the ItemAdd method.
Posted 01 Sep, 2015 10:28:07 Top
Lyubomir Ahtarov

hi Dmitry,

Thank you for the prompt answer. In the mean time I've found out that drag/drop into my custom panel is also an option.
If that won't work for me, I'll get back to your advise and let you know if it works.

regards
Lyubo
Posted 01 Sep, 2015 10:41:01 Top