AppDomain evidence

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

AppDomain evidence
Unable to determine the identity of domain 
Charles Mager

Hi

In our Word Add-in we're doing a bit of file processing using the OpenXML SDK. I ran into this issue:

http://rekiwi.blogspot.co.uk/2008/12/unable-to-determine-identity-of-domain.html

In brief, the OpenXML SDK will use IsolatedStorage for larger files and, when it does this, my ADX add-in throws an IsolatedStorageException with the text "Unable to determine the identity of domain".

The article linked provides a possible workaround by creating a new AppDomain. Before I give this a go, is there anything I'm missing here? Can ADX not create the AppDomain with the required evidence?

Thanks

Charles
Posted 13 May, 2015 11:09:43 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Charles,

Is it reproducible with a new empty add-in?
Posted 14 May, 2015 05:35:10 Top
Charles Mager

Hi Sergey

I'll give that a go next, I had sort-of-hoped you might have come across a similar issue before!

If I can reproduce, where should I send the code?
Posted 14 May, 2015 05:41:06 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Charles,

Send it to the support email address; you can find it in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt. Please make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 14 May, 2015 05:59:34 Top
Charles Mager

Hi Andrei/Sergey

I looked into the stack trace and followed it down the rabbit hole. OpenXML SDK uses the System.IO.Packaging bits. The line that causes it is GetCurrentStore, which the reference source shows http://referencesource.microsoft.com/#WindowsBase/Shared/MS/Internal/IO/Packaging/PackagingUtilities.cs,82b86e7071ce24cc

I have reproduced it in a totally empty Word add-in. The code needed to reproduce is so trivial it's almost not worth sending. I added a handler for `AddinInitialize`:

private void OnAddinInitialize(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    IsolatedStorageFile.GetUserStoreForDomain();
}

It also throws the same exception with GetMachineStoreForDomain.

Would you like me to send the code, or do you think this is enough?
Posted 14 May, 2015 06:18:46 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

We will look into this. This may take some time, however. We will let you know when we have something.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 15 May, 2015 05:29:33 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Charles,

I've just sent you an email with a link to an example of using the evidenceUrl attribute and adxloader.dll & adxloader64.dll supporting this attribute. Please check your inbox.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 29 May, 2015 07:29:13 Top