Problem when trying to migrade to Add-in Express

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

LAKULESH PATEL

Hi,
We have an existing COMShim Addin for Office, which we are planning to migrate to Add-in Express Add-in.

In our existing Add-in, We used to have MyCompany.Excel.Interop.dll which was
a combined interop file for Microsoft.Office.Excel.Interop, Microsoft.Office.Core
and Microsoft.Vbe.Interop. Later we needed to support interop with PowerPoint as well. We originally
did this through a new interop file, MyCompany.PowerPoint.Interop.dll, constructed very
similarly to MyCompany.Excel.Interop.dll. These two libraries could not be used together,
as both include Microsoft.Office.Core and Microsoft.Vbe.Interop which resulted in namespace
conflicts. The Excel and PowerPoint interop libraries both have dependencies on the
Microsoft.Office.Core and Microsoft.Vbe libraries. Hence We combined the IL for all four required interop libraries into one assembly called MyCompany.Office.Interop.dll and used it.

Now when we are creating Add-in express based Addin project and referring our existing projects which use MyCompany.Office.Interop.dll its giving issues. We even tried to remove the original Office Interop libraries from Addin express project and tried to reference MyCompany.Office.Interop.dll, but the Add-in express project is still giving issues.

Could you please let us know how to proceed further ?

Thanks,
Posted 08 May, 2015 08:52:55 Top
LAKULESH PATEL

Hi,
Could you please check the above?

Thanks,
Posted 11 May, 2015 04:46:51 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Lakulesh,

This should work. What issues you are getting?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 11 May, 2015 05:32:27 Top
LAKULESH PATEL

Thanks Andrei. Its some issue with self reference in the interop project that's creating issue. Now its working fine.
Posted 18 May, 2015 09:25:29 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Thank you for letting me know.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 18 May, 2015 09:27:05 Top
LAKULESH PATEL

Hi Andrei,
The solution is building fine now. However I am unable to register the Addin. Below is the error I am getting:

Error 52 The command "regasm C:\src\OfficeClient\trunk\Excel\bin\Debug\MyCompany.Office.Interop.dll /unregister" exited with code 9009. C:\src\OfficeClient\trunk\ClientCore\MyCompany.Office.Interop\MyCompany.Office.Interop.csproj 100 5 MyCompany.Office.Interop

I even tried to sign the assembly MyCompany.Office.Interop.dll, but still its giving the same issue.

Could you please let me know what could be the issue ?

Thanks,
Posted 19 May, 2015 04:57:29 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Posted 19 May, 2015 05:33:31 Top
LAKULESH PATEL

Hi Andrei,
As you can see there are no spaces in the complete path of the assembly. Also regasm.exe is getting recognized and working fine from command line. Am I missing something here ?

Thanks,
Posted 19 May, 2015 05:44:54 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

I can't tell. I would check and re-check the path as suggested on the pages mentioned above.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 19 May, 2015 05:48:51 Top
LAKULESH PATEL

Hi Andrei,
As I said the solution is building fine. The error is coming up only when I right click on the ADX project and select Register ADX Project.

Thanks,
Posted 19 May, 2015 07:02:41 Top