make outlook folders to switch off the "FolderView" forms

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

make outlook folders to switch off the "FolderView" forms

Johnnyxp64

hi
i think i have found somewhere here a very old post with a guy having years ago the issues i am facing today so i was wondering if you have any fixes for that now.

the issues is simple

open a FolderView form with what ever you like when lets say you where at outlooks account Inbox folder
then click on the inbox folder (because what users will do to get back to their email list) and the FolderView doesnt switch back to inbox folder!

but if you click in another folder like "send" that was not open before, it will switch from my custom FolderViewform to the send folder. go to my custom view folder and try send again, it will not switch.

as you understand that a deal breaker for many users and they simply can't be teached to use yoour FolderView header with the left and right <- -> arrows you have to switch between outlook folder and my custom form. they are clicking the folder from the list and they expect that to appear!

so any ideas or hack on how to do that? its very important for our project.

many thanks
Posted 23 Apr, 2015 09:48:05 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Johnny,

I don't understand the actions and the consequences. Could you please capture a video (e.g. using Jing; it's free) and send it to the support email address; you can find in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt. Please make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 24 Apr, 2015 03:19:11 Top
Johnnyxp64

here is a video for you.

plz tell me when i can delete it since i dont want to waste time blurring some sensitive informations on it, it's unlisted for now. watch it and if you understand it let me know so that i can make it "private'

thanks a lot
if its not yet 1080p please give it few mins for YT to process
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvdMDCStTgc
Posted 24 Apr, 2015 09:21:43 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

You can delete the video.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 24 Apr, 2015 09:36:28 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Thank you for the video. The Outlook object model doesn't provide a way to find out if the user clicks a folder in the Folder List. A way out for you is to use Windows API: set up a hook listening to mouse messages, get a click message, if the click occurs in the window containing the folder list, hide the form.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 24 Apr, 2015 09:41:25 Top
Johnnyxp64

1)why is this working then when i select a different than the one i opened my form? is this by outlook default?

2)can you provide some vb.net code somples or a small project sample to demonstrate this workarround? i really need a solution a bit fast and doing all that r&d with windows api, that i haven't done before, will take me weeks :(

thanks Andrei i hope for your understanding.

regards
john
Posted 24 Apr, 2015 09:53:39 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

#1. This generates the FolderSwitch event.

#2. No sample code exists. This is a custom thing. We can develop it for you in the framework of our custom solution services, see https://www.add-in-express.com/custom-development/index.php.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 24 Apr, 2015 10:19:55 Top
Johnnyxp64

ok, then i sended a email with the form on that page, i will wait for you to get back to me with an offer.

thank you
John
Posted 24 Apr, 2015 10:40:46 Top