Com loading error with simple Outlook addin

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Com loading error with simple Outlook addin

Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Ralph.

Does the issue with registering the add-in via the 'Register ADX Project' option still exist?
Posted 07 Aug, 2006 18:53:52 Top
Ralph Smith

Hello Sergey,

Unfortunately 'Register ADX Project' option still doesn't work. If I register only after a build, I get the COM error.

I have to run the addin's setup msi after every build, to test. It's slowing us down as you can imagine :) But it's a lot better than where we were for the last few days ( with nothing working at all ).

Any help working around this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
Posted 07 Aug, 2006 20:02:29 Top
Ralph Smith

Hello,

'Register COM Interop' set to true on the project causes the addin to fail during Loading as well.

One component we rely on requires this. Is there a way to turn this option on without having th addin fail during loading?

Best regards
Posted 07 Aug, 2006 23:02:23 Top
Matt Driver

Matt

Do you have other assemblied, ActiveX and dll's that the project relies on ? I have a complete add-in with the above in it and when I build and simply register the add-in it fails like above. I do have the uninstall before I build and re-install after each build its slow but its the only way I have got it to work as well I just assumed this was normal.

Matt
Posted 08 Aug, 2006 07:39:51 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Ralph.

You shouldn't uncheck the 'Register for COM Interop' property because all COM Add-ins require the registration for COM interop.
Can you send me the add-in project? I will check it.
Posted 09 Aug, 2006 06:54:30 Top