Add in that Listen to Specific button click event.

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Add in that Listen to Specific button click event.

zipi sompo

Hi,
I am new in Add-in Express for Internet Explorer.
I want to create an add in that listen to specific button click (from my web project that run on IE)
And when these button clicked the add in will open a new word document.
I don?Â?Ð?ét need toolbar or something like this.
But something that will Run behind the scenes and listen always to these button click.
I open new project with ?Â?Ð?ìADX IE Add-on?Â?Ð?í and on design of module
I add adxiehtmlDocEvents1 and add event onclick of adxiehtmlDocEvents1 object.
Am I in the right direction for the purpose I need?
I cannot run this kind of project because it output of class Library.
I would be happy if you could direct me how to exercise my needs.
Thanks in advance!
Posted 25 Feb, 2015 02:43:52 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Zipi,

Yes, correct.

Creating a Word document may require permissions and your IE add-on won't have them. You can bypass this by using a broker application. That is, the complete schema is this. You intercept clicking buttons as demonstrated in section "Step #10. Intercepting HTML Events". If the correct button is clicked, the event handler requests the broker to create a new Word document. Creating a broker application and how to communicate with it is shown in section "Protected Mode".

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader

P.S. There's a special forum for ADX for IE related questions, see https://www.add-in-express.com/forum/list.php?FID=10.
Posted 25 Feb, 2015 05:28:40 Top
zipi sompo

Ok I try to work as you said.
now I see on:
Step #12. Debugging the IE Add-on
To debug an IE extension, you need to use Attach to Process in the Debug menu. When attaching to an IE
process, make sure that the column Type for the process contains the string ?Â?Ð?ìManaged?Â?Ð?í (see the screenshot
below). This choice is quite natural because your extension can be loaded into a managed-code process only.

how I can to do it.
when I run my web project sometimes I see row with column Type for the process contains the string ?Â?Ð?ìManaged?Â?Ð?í and sometimes not..
how can I do it always contain ?Â?Ð?ìManaged?Â?Ð?í etc?!
Posted 02 Mar, 2015 05:02:42 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

The "Managed" string missing means your add-in isn't loaded for some reason. Say, it isn't registered, no third-party extensions are allowed, etc.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 02 Mar, 2015 06:29:37 Top