Problem with registration

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Problem with registration

Bahareh Meschi

Hi

I am making an Add-in for visio and I added some projects to my Add-in solution. Application type of those projects are class library except one of them which is windows form applications. Apparently the last mentioned project is making a problem because when I register the Add-in using "Register ADX Project" I get the message "The ADX project registration Succeeded" but nothing shows up in my visio. so I just want to know if this application really makes problem? (for your information I had another solution with those mentioned projects and I wanted to use it in my Add-in solution with least efforts!)

thanks
Posted 21 Feb, 2015 02:59:31 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Bahareh,

Please make sure that you start Visual Studio using the "Run as administrator" command. Then start Visio and copy here the log file typically located in {user profile}\Documents\Add-in Express\adxloader.log. Or, you can send it to the support email address. You can find it in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt. Please make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 23 Feb, 2015 06:25:55 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Thank you Bahar,

The log contains this line:

An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

This is an exception which occurs when a 32bit application loads a 64bit assembly. Or, vise versa, a 64bit application loads a 32bit assembly. Please check to make sure your add-in is built for the Any CPU platform.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 23 Feb, 2015 07:43:10 Top