Add-In Express with Advanced Installer

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Add-In Express with Advanced Installer

BerndH

I wrote an Outlook Add-In. I made my Setup with Advanced-Installer. In my setup project from the installer,
I used custom actions, which were started after the normal setup I think. There I started
adxregistrator.exe /install="name.dll" /privileges=user
(I used the other settings from the advanced installer homepage)
On most computers everything is fine.

I have one "special" laptop with the following behaviour:
I got no error on installation.
The log-file from the adxregistrator shows only "successes". (so adxregistrator was working on install)
But the registry shows no branch for the Add-In under Outlook and the Add-In isn?t working :-(

If i start the adxregistrator after the install manual, the log shows the same datas, the branch is there and the Add-In in Outlook ist working.
Do you have any idea what?s my problem here ?

Bernd
Posted 05 Feb, 2015 02:46:02 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Bernd,

In the manual - see the PDF file in the folder {Add-in Express}\Docs on your development PC - check all sub sections of the section "Troubleshooting add-in loading". I suppose your issue is given in the section "Per-User Add-in is Registered for System User".

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 05 Feb, 2015 03:44:08 Top
BerndH

Hi,
I looked there. But my problem is: I have a adxregistrator.log which shows me "success"
and the registry shows no key for the add-in ... only on some computers.

:-(
Bernd
Posted 06 Feb, 2015 02:58:33 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Bernd,

Please send me such a log to the support email address. You can find it in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt. Please make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 06 Feb, 2015 03:06:40 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Thank you for sending me the log.

It contains this line:

Process Owner: System

That is, the section "Per-User Add-in is Registered for System User" actually applies. This means, the AlwaysInstallElevated policy (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa367561%28v=VS.85%29.aspx) is enabled on that PC. Please check section "Bypassing the AlwaysInstallElevated Policy" in the manual.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 06 Feb, 2015 03:44:18 Top