UDFs in XLL Additional Module not visible in Excel

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

UDFs in XLL Additional Module not visible in Excel
Project contains Addin module and XLL module 
Henri Pellemans

Hi at ADX,

Something that worked fine before does not work anymore now. In the past I created a XLL Module with a lot of UDFs. Then I put some of the UDFs in separate XLL Additional modules. It took a bit of thinking how to access the UDFs, that were in the additional modules, in the "original" XLL Module, but we found the http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=10033. But all UDFs, including those in the additional UDFs were visible in Excel.

Now I am trying to do the same, but the UDFs that I put in the XLL Additional module are not visible in Excel (2010). They can be used in the "original" XLL module. The UDFs are public, I just did "cut and paste", nothing has changed.

The only difference between now and a few years ago is that now I have a project with the XLL module AND the Addin module in the same project. In the past the project only contained the XLL module and the additional XLL modules (I had a separate VS project for the Addin module).

Perhaps another difference: I use VS 2010 Pro, but now I have also installed VS 2013 Pro (but do not use it).

System = Windows 7 PRO 64-bit, VS 2010 Pro, Office 2010 32-bit, latest version of ADX.

The issue is reproducible, at least in my project. I did not test the issue in a new project.

Best regards,

Henri
Posted 14 Sep, 2014 02:00:45 Top
Henri Pellemans

Found the solution already. Three years ago Eugene wrote:

"Please note that you need to add your additional module to the Modules collection of your main XLL module in Visual Studio (see the Modules property of your XLL add-in module in the designer). That is all. Moreover, you don't need to use any code for this. Just add your second module manually at design-time."

The additional XLL modules should (also) be added to the "original" XLL module in the designer. I had forgotten that.
Posted 14 Sep, 2014 02:34:34 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Thank you Henry!

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 15 Sep, 2014 03:18:33 Top