Top Custom Task Pane in Tab Mode

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Top Custom Task Pane in Tab Mode

Albert Siagian

Hello,

I have several Excel custom task pane located in Top mode. When I open several task panes, I can see list of active task panes in drop down (near by minimize button). I can also change the layout from drop down to Tab, so the caption names are shown next to each other. My question is, can I programatically set the Tab mode by default, so when user open new task pane, it will automatically show the task pane name next to the last one? Just like a tab page, instead of drop down.

Regards.
Albert
Posted 02 Jun, 2013 20:18:17 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Albert,

You need to set the DefaultRegionState of the collection to Minimized:

this.adxExcelTaskPanesCollectionItem1.DefaultRegionState = AddinExpress.XL.ADXRegionState.Minimized;

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 03 Jun, 2013 05:24:11 Top
Albert Siagian

Hello Andrei,

Thanks, it works. Can it also work in normal mode, so that next task pane opens next to each other without minimizing first?

Regards.
Albert
Posted 03 Jun, 2013 06:58:45 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Albert,

That property specifies the region state when ANY Add-in Express from is shown in that layout for the very first time. After this, the region state is controlled by the end user. You may influence this by setting IsHiddenStateAllowed, IsMinimizedStateAllowed and IsNormalStateAllowed properties.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 03 Jun, 2013 10:19:39 Top