Word quick print button not working

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Word quick print button not working
After installing our add-in the Word printer button stopt printing Office 2002 
lighthouse72

Hallo,

We have created an add-in for office 2003, 2007, 2010 this works fine.
For one customer we have changed the for office 2002(XP). The add-in works fine.
So what?Â?Ð?és the problem? Well after installing the add-in the customer has a problem with the Word print button, it?Â?Ð?és not ?Â?Ð?ìworking?Â?Ð?í. Went the user press the buttons nothing happens.
In our add-in we do not catch the event for the Word print button.

In our test environment we do not have this problem.

How do i find out what the problem can be?

Regards Edwin

Update 2013-05-02:
with a normal hand installation there is no problem. But if we install with gpo, the Word print button is not working.
Posted 01 May, 2013 10:13:57 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Edwin,

I suppose your add-in intercepts the DocumentBeforePrint event and cancels it in some situations. Or, it cancels the ActionEx event of the ADXBuiltInControl component having ID set to the ID of that button.

lighthouse72 writes:
Update 2013-05-02:
with a normal hand installation there is no problem.

I suppose your add-in doesn't work in this case or you install a wrong or non-working add-in version.

lighthouse72 writes:
In our test environment we do not have this problem.

Please try turning off all other COM add-ins on the customer's PC.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 02 May, 2013 02:29:22 Top
lighthouse72

Hi Andrei,

I suppose your add-in intercepts the DocumentBeforePrint event

We do not overwrite any functions of Word, the users must be able to use Word as if our add-in is not installed.

Just now i found out that the problem is with all computers that are in a domain.
By default the printer button is not working any more, but is open a specific document the printer button works again. While opening this document we make some buttons visible, as far as i can see this is all we do, there are no other add-ins installed.
All other ways of print works (ctrl-p, preview, file>print, ...).

We have two tool bars only one creates the problem.

How to go from here?
Posted 02 May, 2013 04:28:36 Top
lighthouse72

I moved the dev machine into the domain, and started to put all code in comment that loads the tool bars. I checked to see if they where loaded, no not any more.
Then i start to remove the comments until the printer button did not work. The moment the toolbar is loaded the printer buttons stops working.
On that moment i realized that the toolbar is in a spared dot file. After rebuilding the dot file it looks like the printer button is working again.

Need to do some more test but it looks ok!
Posted 02 May, 2013 07:25:19 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Congratulations!

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 02 May, 2013 09:47:57 Top