Disable Print, SaveAs Office menus

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Disable Print, SaveAs Office menus

Oscar Maire-Richard

I'm developing and Add-in that disable the print, save and saveas options depending some parameters.
In Office 2007, using the AdxRibbonCommand with these idmso:
- FileSave
- FileSaveAs
- FilePrint
the menu is disable without problems.
In Office 2010 and 2013 only the Save options is disabled, the SaveAs and Print options are enable (I solve it capturing the events and canceling the actions).
I'd like for a better user experience disable this menus too. Do you know how I can perform that????

Thank you...
Posted 24 Apr, 2013 08:19:27 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Oscar,

I suppose this isn't possible. I'd like to re-check this however. What Office application are you using?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 24 Apr, 2013 08:43:13 Top
Oscar Maire-Richard

Hi Andrei, thanks for the quick response.

I'm using Word, Excel and Powerpoint and the result is the same.
Please, maybe in this capture you can see clearer what I'm looking for.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56647983/WordMenuExample.png

I'd like to get in the SaveAs, Print, Share and Export menu buttons, the same functionality that I get with the Save menu button.

Best regards...
Posted 24 Apr, 2013 09:29:06 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Oscar,

Save is a button (IdMso="FileSave") in Office 2010-2013. SaveAs is a button (IdMso="FileSaveAs") in 2010 and tab (IdMso="TabSave") in 2013. Also, involved are "TabShare" and "TabPrint". You cannot disable a built-in BackstageView tab, but you can hide it: add an ADXBackstageTab component to the ADXBackstageView component and set the tabs, IdMso and Visible properties as required.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 25 Apr, 2013 09:06:07 Top
Oscar Maire-Richard

Thanks, I'm testing your solution and it works. The problem is that I can't change the status (Visible True or False) whenever I want. Only works the first time I create the ADXBackstageTab and set the visible property. If I modify this property later, the change doesn't refresh the tab menu status.

I suppose this happens because of Microsoft Office, but, do you know if it's possible to change this propertly dinamically refreshing the menu in run-time????
Posted 26 Apr, 2013 05:45:26 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Oscar Maire-Richard writes:
I suppose this happens because of Microsoft Office, but, do you know if it's possible to change this propertly dinamically refreshing the menu in run-time????

They don't provide such a way.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 26 Apr, 2013 08:39:09 Top